Mosman Cricket Club Inc.
Conditions of Membership.
To be read prior to completing Membership Application Form.
1. “MCC” means & includes Mosman Cricket Club Incorporated, & their respective directors, officers, members, servants or agents.
2. If accepted I will be a member of MCC. for the 12 months commencing on 1 September.
3. I declare that I have advised MCC if I am not an Australian citizen and I agree to provide evidence of identity;
4. I agree to pay the membership fees for the season in full.
6. Insurance is in place that provides limited cover to me whilst I am performing or participating in any authorised or recognised MCC activity (“MCC Activity”) approved by bodies duly operating competitions under Cricket NSW, or other matches organized by the club from time to time, and associated practice activities. (For insurance details contact the Secretary.) I can, in my own interests obtain personal insurances in addition to the cover provided by Cricket NSW
7. The MCC Constitution is a contract between the MCC & myself. I agree be bound by it & by any regulations, rules or protocols made by MCC.
8. Release & Indemnity: In consideration of accepting my application for membership I:
(a) acknowledge that I accept the Sydney Cricket Association’s Helmet policy and I agree to abide by its recommendations regarding Protective Equipment: It is recommended that a helmet be worn at all times, when batting, when wicket keeping up at the stumps, when fielding in a position closer than seven metres from the batsman’s position.
(c) Indemnify & hold harmless MCC in respect of any Claim by any person including but not only another Member of the MCC arising as a result of or in connection with my membership &/or participation in any MCC Activity.
(d) Agree that I will not hold MCC responsible for any injury or accident I may suffer as a result of taking part in a match, or attending practice activities conducted by MCC and that I will not make any claim or take any action against MCC to recover any loss or expense incurred by me as a result of any such injury or accident;
In this clause 8 “Claim” means & includes any action, suit, proceeding, claim, demand, damage, penalty, cost or expense however arising but does not include a claim in respect of any action, suit, etc made by any person entitled to make a claim under a relevant insurance policy or under the respective Constitutions or any Regulations of the MCC and Cricket NSW related bodies as appropriate.
9. Fitness to Participate: I declare that I am medically and physically fit & able to participate in any MCC Activity. I am not & must not be a danger to myself or to the health & safety of others. I will immediately notify MCC in writing to the Club Secretary of any change to my fitness & ability to participate. I understand & accept that MCC will continue to rely upon this declaration as evidence of my fitness & ability to participate.
10. Cricket NSW Injury Surveillance Initiative (Premier 1st Grade only): I acknowledge that any reported injury will be recorded for the purposes of gaining a greater understanding of injury prevalence in Premier Cricket and I understand that my personal information will remain confidential in any publication of research data.
11. I declare that I have no outstanding financial obligation to any previous club, and I am not listed with Sydney Cricket Association as a defaulter to any affiliate of Cricket NSW.
13. I acknowledge that the benefits, advantages, privileges & services provided by MCC includes MCC sending to me marketing and promotional material from MCC and from the official sponsors of MCC. I give MCC permission to use the information that I have provided for this purpose.
13. I acknowledge and accept the rules of the club relating to behaviour as a member and agree to uphold both the intent and spirit of those rules at all times.
14 I agree to abide by the Sydney Cricket Association’s Code of Conduct including but not limited to “The Spirit of Cricket”.
15. I have read, understood, acknowledge and agree to the above terms including the release & indemnity.